Griffiths & Partners are international litigation lawyers. Our litigation team advises on all contentious disputes and are experienced in offshore and multi-jurisdictional matters in relation to trusts, companies, shareholder issues, directors’ duties, investment performance, banking and other financial transactions, as well as fraud and asset tracing claims and all aspects of the regulatory framework.
Our litigation lawyers are experienced in conducting high value and high profile litigation cases. We are frequently involved in the most complex and high profile cases in the Islands. Our team has a wide range of expertise and we provide timely and clear legal advice on all types of commercial litigation and insolvency issues. Members of our team are skilled in all types of commercial and civil dispute resolution, whether through litigation, arbitration or alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Our litigation lawyers include experienced advocates, who have rights of audience at all court levels in the Turks and Caicos Islands and the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council in London.
Our litigation matters include:
- Corporate disputes, including claims against directors and shareholder disputes
- Civil and commercial disputes, including fraud, asset-tracing and enforcement of foreign judgments
- Contentious trust matters, breach of trust claims and administrative applications
- Insolvency and restructuring, including winding-up and cross-border insolvency applications and restructuring applications
- Financial Services disputes, including insurance claims, contentious funds and banking
- Contentious regulatory matters – regulatory investigations and enforcement
- Employment law and Immigration matters. We advise many international companies on various employment matters in relation to the employment and retention of employees, including dealing with redundancy and unfair dismissal claims
- Professional Misconduct and disciplinary proceedings
- Contentious Shipping matters